Monday, June 30, 2014

Trials and Tribulations and Testing, Oh my!

Pro 17:3  The crucible is for silver, and the furnace is for gold, and the LORD tests hearts. 

Zec 13:9  And I will put [them] into the fire, and refine them as one refines silver, and test them as gold is tested. They will call upon my name, and I will answer them. I will say, 'They are my people'; and they will say, 'The LORD is my God.'" 

Heb 12:5-6  And have you forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons? "My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, nor be weary when reproved by him.  For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives."
John 15:19-20  If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you: 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours.

2 Tim 3:12  Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, 

Isa 48:10  Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tried you in the furnace of affliction. 

James 1:2-3  Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. 

     Isn't it interesting that the Bible is clear that Christians will go through hard times, but that these times are used for our good, purifying us and drawing us closer to God? And yet, most of the time when we hit the slightest bump in the road we say "Oh, God must be closing this door for me. Time to wait for Him to open a more convenient window."
     Of course sometimes God does "close doors", and quite emphatically, but maybe, just maybe, other times He wants to go through even if its hard, because we'll come out the other side the better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment